Integrating Theory, Practice & Politics
Skip to content
WHAT IS MEDIA PRAXIS?
WHAT IS AN INTEGRATION?
Excerpts from political media.
jamusbaranus, “Artist’s Statement,” 2006
Dovzhenko, Alexander. 1930. Earth: The Opening
A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
Alea, TG. “Memories Of Underdevelopment.” Trailer
Allen, Woody. “Sleeper – Trailer” (1973)
Art:21, “Allora & Calzadilla.” (2007)
Blu. MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU
Brakhage, Stan. “Mothlight” (1963)
Brakhage, Stan. Desistfilm.
Brakhage, Stan. Window Water Baby Moving (1959) Part 1
TEN MEDIA PRAXIS HISTORIES:
01. Newly Soviet Russia (1920s)
02. The Popular Front: United States/France/Spain (1930s-40s)
03. The New American Cinema: United States (1940s-60s)
04. Third Cinema in Latin America (1960s-70s)
05. 1968 - France and its Aftermath
06. Ethnographic Film in the Decolonizing Third World (1970s-80s)
07. Feminist Film: The UK and Americas (1970s-80s)
08. Transatlantic Black Popular Culture: UK and US (1980s-90s)
09. AIDS Activist Video: The UK and Americas (1980s-1990s)
10. Cyberspace: The internet (1990s-present)
Social Satisfaction Media